Friday, October 26, 2012

Hackettstown: Getting In Shape!

How many people are out there that spend hundreds or thousands of dollars every year to get lean or lose that last 10 pounds?

How many people do the same thing over and over again- Going on a diet and losing weight, getting compliments, and then quit- only to fall back to that overweight state they were in before their journey began?

There are many women that "workout" with classes such as Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, and cardio kickboxing maximum calorie burning dance sessions that are weak. Very weak in fact.  Some, so weak they can't carry a gallon of milk from the dairy aisle to the checkout counter with one hand.  Carrying the groceries in from the car should not make us winded, and climbing a flight of stairs shouldn't put the knees on the hands. 

More crazy then that, some people talk and talk about how they WANT to get in shape and start a program, but every year they gain and gain and fall into a deep dark depression. 

I'm being honest and truthful.  No sugarcoating. No BS.  No trying to not offend anyone.

America is in a sad state of health and fitness and we get laughed at by other countries.  Sure we have the 1% who are extremely fit but there are over 85% of the people in this population that would be DEAD if we still lived like our pioneers. 

It's not funny and most people in that population think "Oh BS... because we are so advanced now blah blah.." Really?  

Just because a pill can save your life and a car accident's tragic victim can give you a new lung doesn't mean you can/or should just throw your life to the Cheetos. 

Exercise is hard but it's needed.  It's needed to be tough and I use that word in a sense of emotional, mental, and physical balance. To stay in a state of health that makes you thrive further and live longer- while- being happier.

To me this makes sense and I am glad Exercise is in my life. It keeps me strong, it keeps me moving- forward, and I have this balance that is amazing.  So amazing in fact, that when I wake up I am excited, when I see my wife I smile, when I train others to get to this point I am happy, and when I get physical in the gym through my own personal fitness goals I am AMPED to Get Er Done! 

If you want to learn more or if something here struck you as an "aha" moment, don't hesitate to ask me questions.  My passion and purpose is helping others excel through motivation and coaching, exercise and training is the highway I've chosen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment