Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You can do anything you put your mind to.


"We all talk to ourselves. A major key to success exists in what we say to ourselves, which helps to shape our attitude and mindset."
Darren L. Johnson 

And NEVER forget that and NEVER suppress it. 

We talk to ourselves all the time.  Most people stop it before it gets too deep or out of the fear of becoming (or being looked at) insane. What do you say to yourself all day?  If you're like most people you say No or I Can't. 

That negative mindset does not get you anywhere and will hold back the greatest joys of life without fail. It's easy though.  It's easier for us to say NO or to avoid anything hard in life then it is to fail and feel hurt or let down. We fear being embarrassed or humiliated- even from family and friends.  We learned this fear back in the days of school when you may have thrown up in the hallway or shit your pants after a wicked school lunch.  Kids laughed and it hurt.  But we need to get over it and stop letting that fear crush our livelihoods.  

You can do anything you put your mind to.

We've all heard that saying- TIME after TIME after TIME.  Our parents said it, TV shows say it, Think and Grow Rich said it. Then why are there so many people left in this world who don't even try to put their mind to it?


It's hard to walk into the unknown but it's the only way you'll ever push through to a successful life. I rented a studio space without enough clients to cover the rent, I went to a certification (actually 2) with a fear of failing and a stomach waiting to throw up yesterday's dinner.  Once, I stood up to a dude twice my side who was talking shit to a girl with the party I was in and my f**king knees- I kid you not- were shaking all the way down to my toes.  I knew this badass would've knocked me out in one shot but he crossed the line and my mind told me I needed to say something.

I walked out of that situation with a clearer picture of life.  It lasted 2 minutes long and I was forever a changed person.  I never knew I was capable of doing that shit.  I put my mind to it and I didn't leave with a black eye.

When I first started this blog- I never wrote before.  I never had training or schooling in writing and I failed English in my one semester of college. I never knew how to organize thoughts and create a story but I put my mind to it and went to work.  I may not be good at this blogging stuff but I keep doing it and keep putting my mind to work so one day it does come out knowledgeable.

You can do anything you put your mind to. 

Right now put this blog post down, get to a quiet place with no tech shit, no family, no TV, no distractions, and ask yourself what you want most in life.  It could be you want a better job or a nicer house.  Maybe you want a better relationship or a healthier- fitter body. Perhaps you want to retire with millions and never work again.

Take a few minutes and think about what it is you want most.  When you're done and you have it figured out- get to work. Right now.  There's no point in waiting.  Finish reading this post later.

Napoleon Hill once said something along the lines of "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."  It just takes hard work, time, and a burning desire to succeed at whatever it is you want most.

When my clients come to train with me and seek my guidance and knowledge I give them the tools needed.  My workouts are hard, I give true diet advice, and I explain that persistence is needed.  What the results are is not up to me.  I do my job.  It's up to their own actions.  They can come kick ass 2 or 3 times a week at my classes and NEVER get fitter, lose weight, or become healthier.  Is that my fault?  Not in the least. They know they need to do their work on their own time.  I can't feed them, make them sleep, and exercise on their free time.  I can tell them that's what they should do- but it's up to what's inside their mind if they ever succeed.

Some achieve success quicker than others because they're action takers, planners, and they put their minds to work.  They plan their life with a pad and pencil and listen to audiobooks while driving instead of music.  They stay up late at night working when most are watching American Idol and they wake early and do more before most even awake for their day.

It's all up to you and it's all up in your mind.  


Here's a pic of me at Hackettstown's Community Day.  Up in that mind there I feared this day big time.  It made me nauseous and I spent money I didn't have on that banner, flyers, and threw together a push up contest with no idea what to expect.  I put my mind to work and just did it. Was it hard?  Hell yes but I wanted to do it and knew I needed to so I put my mind to it and the day was awesome!

When you start a journey to lose weight or build strength or increase muscle mass you need to put your mind into action and commit to success. A few days here or there and a poor diet today and tomorrow followed by a day of clean eating only to go back to a poor diet will not get you the results you want.  You know you want those results.  Your heart cries for them everyday through your struggles and when they don't come, it's because your mind isn't in the right place.  Figure out what you want, plan the actions, take the actions, and stay with it.  Failing happens.  I spent a shit ton of money for that community day and got no return on investment out of it.  I failed that day in business standards- but in reality I won.  I succeeded.  I defeated my negative mindset and fear of being in front of people and for that I am happy I failed.  




No comments:

Post a Comment