Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Awake and Alive: 10 tips to Kick Ass.

Never before in my life have I felt so "Awake and Alive".  I have two businesses, both start-ups, the plot of a third (on-line) business, a full time job, I'm am Author, a Beautiful wife who is expecting our first child (a baby girl), and an awesome family. It wasn't always that way though.  I used to feel dead and drained all the time.  I used to hate being sick and tired, alone, broke, and unmotivated.

Things turned around.  Not many people helped me along the way.  There have been a few people who motivated me from afar and through the interwebz, and I can count on half of one hand the people who played a small part in "real life".

That's the thing!

Nobody cares.

Sad.. but true.  Nobody cares about what you do.  Of course, family wants you to be happy and successful.. more than a bum.. but nobody is going to do that work for you.  Things do not come to those who wait.  Things come to those people who are out there kicking ass, who do not take no for an answer- to those people who step over the naysayers and whiners.  Complainers are left in the dust.  I know, I was there.

I am sick and tired of reading, watching, or listening to people bitch about taxes and politics.  I end their conversation with me on that subject by closing my eyes and nodding.  I don't take part in it.  I hate when people smash successful rich people.  I did. I feel like a fool now for doing so.  The Rich are Rich because they DO.  They kick ass.  The poor are poor because they do not.

I've said it before.  Life is more than a 9-5 with television as dessert.  Am I a hypocrite?  I was there.  I did just that.  I sat around after work like a bum and lost my mind.  No, I am not a hypocrite.  I fully took responsibility for my actions and NEVER hid the fact I used to be "that guy".

Now.. I am Awake and Alive.

10 tips to Kick Ass and become Awake and Alive:

1). THINK- Simple as that.  Use your mind.  Create ideas.  Imagine things the way you want them.  Think about the positive things in life and move towards them. As soon as you wake up in the morning and as soon as you close your eyes at night- think about how you want your life to look like.  How you want your future to be and about what YOU want.  Not what other people expect of or from you- but what you want most in life.

2). No Rest For The Wicked- Yes sleep is important, but you can't sleep until you deserve it. Nobody ever became rich and successful by working 9 to 5 Monday through Friday.  It takes more than that.  If you work a 40 hour job, spend more time crafting your skills and increasing your knowledge.  Spend the time needed to make your fitness plans and to perform the workouts. Wake up earlier or push your television time back until you feel you kicked ass. As my mother once said "Just because your scheduled time to leave is 3:30 doesn't mean your day ends at 3:30."

3). Take Risks-  Don't be afraid of the unknown.  Don't let fear hold you back from jumping into something you love. Try different workouts and different diets.  Taking risks will help you find your way and open up the world to you.  I subleased space at an MMA studio with only 3 paying clients.  I didn't have enough clients to pay for the rent but I took the risk and now my numbers have increased.  I make the rent. I knew that if I wanted my business to grow I would have to find a studio space, sublease a space, or "join forces" with another company.  It scared the shit out of me, and still does, but I jumped over the fear and went in swinging.

4). Follow Your Heart- Passion, Desire, Purpose.. whatever you want to call it, you know it's there.  Stop smothering it.  Stop letting number 3 keep you from following your heart and do it.  Start small, stay up late, read books, watch videos, go to seminars and just follow what you know your heart is telling you.  If you work at Lowe's and your heart bleeds cupcakes- start making them.  Start in your kitchen, your mothers or best friends kitchen and make the damn cupcakes.  Do it for free.  Bring them to work at Lowe's and hand them out to your co workers.  Word of mouth will spread if they're good and constructive criticism will help you make changes if needed. You don't need a million dollars to follow your heart.  I started in my driveway and still do it there.

5). Do it Now- You need to be proactive and do things immediately.  Do not wait.  Time is our worst enemy and everyone's is running out.  Don't hold back on your dreams or before you know it, you're old and lonely. Do not wait for summer to come again or for someone to show you the way.  Don't wait for more money or Tax Season.  DO. IT. NOW.

6). Plan- EVERYTHING! Make a plan right now (see #5) for how you want your life to be.  If you want to lose 40 pounds by Christmas, make the plan.  I suggest buying a notebook and writing on the first page EVERYTHING you want in life.  Then use the other pages for your planning.  Time goes too fast and thoughts change so rapidly, as well as "life" getting in the way, to not make a plan.  The most successful people in the world make plans. Plans change and it's okay to correct them.  Have no fear.  Write the most outrageous stuff in your mind that YOU want and make the plan.

7). Be the Best You Can Be- "The world needs to change or else.." "The government needs to change this..." Be that change. Stop worrying over things you can not change, things out of your reach, things that will never change, and be the best person you can be.  Help that old lady, give to charity, learn about ways to help in your community, write a blog on 10 tips to kicking ass. Be the kind of person that people turn to when you walk in a room.  Forget about what they think and DO what YOU need to do to be the best YOU can be.

8). GIVE- and you shall receive.  Those greedy Rich people you hate on- they give more in a year than many make in 20. The saying "Give and You Shall Receive" is one of the truest statements on Earth.  Why it happens?  Nobody knows.  People have named Laws of the Universe after it but "As a Go-Giver gives, A Go-Giver Gets."  Does somebody you know need a hand or two with a project?  Do it, give your time to them.  You see Firefighters on the street collecting money for their missions, give to them.  Give your time away for free to teach somebody a skill or a workout.  If you are planning a start up, as stated in #4, give away your service or products for free and watch as you receive.

9). Love- I may not be the most "down to earth" man and I am in no way a "Softy", but I know the power of love. (No white knighting here folks) Give your love to others and love the things you do.  The number one reason for our existence is Love.  Without it, we'd be nothing, impossible, just plain matter in space.  Our society functions because we love.  Embrace it, understand it, and follow it.  Do your job with love, kiss you wife or husband with love, give to others with love and watch as your life starts to become more Kick Ass. Barbara De Angelis once said "The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present." Don't let that hold you back.

10). Be Positive- Whatever happens to you in your life is apparently manifested by your thoughts. Some call this the Law of Attraction, others say its bullshit.  What I do know is that having a positive attitude will help you succeed in ANYTHING in life.  Follow the 9 steps before this one with a negative mindset and you will fail over and over again in creating what you want and Kicking Ass.  Yes things happen that mess us up and cause us pain and sorrow- but we need to keep a positive attitude towards all aspects of life. You lost your job?  Instead of bitching and complaining that you were screwed at work, think positive about how you can now follow your heart and start to live the way you want to live.  It won't be easy, but anything worth having doesn't come handed on a silver platter, and if you expect it to- that's a negative mindset. Your entire life can turn around and become just the way you want it to be by changing your attitude from a negative mindset to a positive one.  "I hate Monday's!" "Today sucks" "I wish it was still the weekend." If you currently have that type of attitude, why not change it?  I suggest reading more into this subject and fully embrace it.  It's not bullshit.

Take it as you may.  These 10 tips can be used to kick ass everyday.  You may not believe so, you may think it's corny to think so, you may think it's too hard and you can't do it, but in my experience they work.  It won't happen overnight and it sure as hell ain't easy, but with hard work and persistence these 10 tips to Kick Ass will help you feel more Awake and Alive.


"I'm awake I'm alive
Now I know what I believe inside
Now it's my time
I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life
here, right here, right now
I'll stand my ground and never back down
I know what I believe inside
I'm awake and I'm alive"



Be Kind, Share!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Judi- Huge thanks! I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you liked the read.

      Delete