Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I keep on keeping on cuz I aint good enough..

YET...

I never paid any attention in school, I was too busy day dreaming.  Wondering what was out there and how to find it, what made what work and why, how, the who, the where.. anything but the blabber from the teachers mouth.  I also quit college.  About half a semester in.  I had enough, I said fuck it. I couldn't keep my mind from racing on what was in store for my life.

For years I drifted further away from finding what it was because, in all honesty, I couldn't handle it. I hated the surprises and lacked in the effort department big time. I just couldn't stand not knowing the unknown so I buried the temptations and drifted into space.

I'm still nowhere near where I want to be.  I am not good enough.. yet.

I'm not a good enough husband, employee, business owner, or trainer.  I have a lot to learn.  I am stoked.  I love learning.  My "free" time is spent reading books on life, money, business, training, babies, dogs, and marketing. I keep on keeping on with the swing of things.

I stay awake until late hours every night hustling, working, reading, doing more with less so I can get better. I train hard in my garage gym the size of a handicap public bath stall. I write blogs and ebooks that I start, hopefully to one day sell, to only throw them away, delete them, and scream Holy Fuck! at the computer. I spend money on self help programs and business lectures.  I weed out the useless and weed my yard.  I cut my grass and right through the bullshit.  I won't settle.

I want independence, both mentally and financially.  I won't settle for 9-5 and 2 weeks paid vacation.  I won't settle for waiting for that tax refund or refinancing a house.  I won't settle for my level of fitness knowledge.  I owe it to my bosses to learn as much as I can so they can succeed in their fitness goals. Yes, my bosses.  My clients.  They write the check for my mortgage and new Jeep Wrangler.  Without them, I'd have nothing. I keep on keeping on because I ain't good enough.  I have a lot to learn, I continue to.. at a fast pace. Sometimes my mind feels like it's going to explode and my heart is going to burst.

Right next to my bed is a book shelf that is falling apart.  Sure it's old, but it's constructed good.  It's falling over because the weight of the knowledge is bending the corners in and it's over capacity. Dan Kennedy and Napoleon Hill. Jack Canfield and Seth Godin. Rhonda Bryne and Alwyn Cosgrove.  They all have a permanent spot on the shelf.  They've helped me come from nothing to wanting something. I keep on keeping on cuz they inspire me.

Who inspires you?

Why do you "keep on keeping on"?

Do you settle?

What ticks your tock and rocks your socks?

What makes you youer then you?

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve." and never forget it.  Use your mental attitude and make it happen for yourself.  Everyone can be anything. Nobody can be you. Become "good enough".

No comments:

Post a Comment